One thing depression does is make you focus on everything that is going wrong and completely forget the fact that there’s reasons to be grateful. I’d wake up some days and instead of saying a thank you for breath, I’d be thinking about how I really don’t want to wake up and have a bad day.
Meanwhile I had reasons upon reasons upon reasons upon reasons to be grateful but depression was stealing my joy.
Today I refuse to yield and I’m reclaiming my time.
- I’m grateful for music. It’s been my anchor through this phase
- I’m grateful for my friends. Especially the ones who have reached out and keep encouraging me every day.
- I’m grateful for ice cream. It’s been a while since I ate it but I keep craving it
- I’m grateful for my smile. It bursts out even when I’m in lowest of low and reminds me that I’m not a lost cause.
- I’m grateful for BTS. I found them right at point when I didn’t realise I needed relatable music
- I’m grateful for my aunt who has kept a level head throughout this journey.
- I’m grateful for my grandma. She’s peeling and slicing up bread for me as I type.
- I’m grateful for my online friends, thank you for being there
- I’m grateful for Wumi, PI and Busola, THANK YOU.
- I’m grateful for my doctors, y’all the real MVPs
- I’m grateful for indomie. One more week and we’re back to being best friends
- I’m grateful for this blog that lets me pour out my mind
- I’m grateful I’m alive
What are you grateful for?